Connecting You to Critical Financial Aid: DPhiL Foundation Approves an Updated 2022 Scholarship & Grant Program
Earlier this month, the Delta Phi Lambda Foundation approved an updated scholarship & grant program to adapt to the evolving needs of the members. Changes were in response to the member feedback received in the 2021 Scholarship Survey.
“We want to remain relevant and impactful in the ways that we use our scholarship resources,” said Sara Yang, Foundation Board Member. “Members expressed wanting to receive an increase in funds for college expenses and leadership and professional development expenses. In addition, there was a desire for more communication about these opportunities.”
The following outlines the updated 2022 Scholarship & Grant Program:
- (NEW) Chapter Leadership Grant
- This grant is awarded to a Collegiate or Alumnae Chapter to facilitate educational activities or programming.
- (NEW) Member Support Grant
- This grant is awarded to an individual that has demonstrated significant financial challenges due to unforeseen personal hardship, emergency, or disaster.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to an individual that is a dynamic collegiate scholar who has demonstrated academic excellence, outstanding leadership skills, and a desire to effect positive change.
- The Hannah Seoh Alumnae Scholarship
- This scholarship is named in honor of Hannah Seoh for her dedication to serving the Sorority on a national level for over ten years. This scholarship is awarded to an individual that is a dynamic graduate student or professional who has demonstrated academic excellence, outstanding leadership skills, and professional achievement.
ABOUT DFL FOUNDATION
The Delta Phi Lambda Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-deductible nonprofit organization committed to empower the women of Delta Phi Lambda and the communities they serve by funding scholarships, supporting philanthropic endeavors, and promoting leadership development. With the financial support of our donors, we can provide women with the tools they need to sustain a chapter and programs that award women with great academic and professional achievements.